The 5 Do’s and Don’ts for Packing for Spring Break Vacations
So you’ve booked your Spring Break trip and now all that’s left to do is pack! We’ve got you covered with a list of tips on what to bring and what should stay at home.
This is the section that can make or break your bag space. I recommend only packing items you know you’d need.. i.e. talk to others in your group before you all show up with a portable speaker, don’t pack swimsuits you know you don’t love, and don’t forget that sunscreen/chap-stick.
(**Try to find a sunscreen without oxybenzone, this kills our coral reef systems**!)
- Swimsuits (3-4 swim trunks, one bandeau, one bikini, one full-piece)
- Cover up
- Beach Towel (resort will likely have bath towels)
- CHEAP sunglasses (in case you lose them)
- Beach bag
- Floppy Hat
- Lip Balm w/ sunscreen
- Reusable Water-bottle (REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE)
- Portable Speakers
- Insulated Mug (to keep all your cocktails cool)
With traveling abroad, there can be a new level of precaution. While the likelihood something goes wrong is small it is always better to plan ahead for these type of situations. We suggest taking some (or all) of these bullet points and committing to getting them checked off while packing before departing:
- Scan copies of all credit cards, passports, license (front and back for all) and either email them to yourself, or email a trusted family member in case you lose one.
- Medical insurance card- If anything happens to you, they need to know who to contact and who to bill.. you do not want to have to pay out of pocket!
- Cash- Small bills as you will likely get change in the currency of the country and will not want lump sums to exchange.
- Hotel room safe – Take advantage of your hotel room safe. All of the items you consider valuable.. i.e. passport, money, VIP party package tickets, laptops/chargers etc. should be put into your safe while you’re not occupying the room.
- Itinerary!- Know where you need to be and how you’re getting there! If someone gets delayed/lost they can find you based on where the itinerary says you’ll be.
When packing for spring break, one thing to remember.. you’re going to live in your swimwear! Save some room and pack staple items that can be mixed and matched to create numerous looks.
- Flowy shirts
- High-waisted shorts
- Pair of light jeans
- Dresses (maxi/party)
- Sweater/light jacket
- Shoes (flip-flops/sandals, wedges, casual sneaker)
- BB Cream
- Curling/flat iron
- Beach spray/ tanning oil
- Make up
- Waterproof mascara
- Face wash
- Feminine products
** Your flight times could change **
- Forget your flight itineraries **CHECK THEM BEFORE YOU LEAVE FOR AIRPORT**
- Forget to get to the airport at least 3 hours before departure
- Bring large American bills ($50, $100) because of currency difference
- Forget to put name tags on your luggage
- Forget clothes for your travel back to your college towns
- Forget your bathing suits!!!